The information in this document applies to:
This document describes how to manually export HTML-Kit settings from one computer to another. Depending on which settings you plan to export, it may be necessary to update the Windows Registry. Editing the Windows Registry incorrectly can cause serious problems to your system. Use it at your own risk and make a system backup first if necessary.
A. HTML-Kit uses text files and the Windows Registry to store its settings.
The text files used to store custom settings can be found in the HTML-Kit\Data directory. The HTML-Kit\Data\Default directory contains most of these files with following extensions:
- *.hft - File types
- *.hkc - Auto Complete shortcuts
- *.hsk - Keyboard shortcuts
- *.hab - ActionsBar layouts
- *.hcv - Colorizer views
- *.hmd - Markup data
- *.htw - TagsWizard data
- *.hmc - Main menu/toolbar settings (for backward compatibility)
- *.htc - HTML Tidy config files
B. Registry settings are stored under the following key:
For example, to export HTML-Kit's Workspace settings from computer A to B:
- Exit HTML-Kit on both computers.
- Start the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) on computer A.
- Change to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chami\HTML-Kit\1.0\Settings\WorkspaceFiles key.
- Select "Registry | Export Registry File" from the main menu, type a file name to save as and click "Save."
- Copy the resulting *.reg file to computer B.
- Start the Windows Registry Editor on computer B.
- Select "Registry | Import Registry File" from the main menu and open the above *.reg file.
- Restart HTML-Kit.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY "USER" OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. "USER" AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
Document ID: H000101
Audience: Administrator, Advanced user
Reviewed On: 24-Oct-2000