The information in this document applies to:
HTML-Kit's Keyword Help system can be used to view online and offline help references. This document discusses how to enable offline help references using wdg.hkh
keyword help files.
- Enabling offline help using wdg.hkh (WDG HTML and CSS reference):
By default, the wdg.hkh keyword help file will use the online WDG reference located at http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/. Following steps can be used to make a local copy of the WDG reference so that it can be viewed offline.
- Download and install the wdg.hkh keyword help file from the Plugins page.
- Download the zipped HTML versions of the HTML Reference (wdghtml40.zip) and the CSS Guide (wdgcss.zip) from http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/
- Create a directory named wdgref on the C: drive. Create two more directories under C:\wdgref named html40 (C:\wdgref\html40) and css (C:\wdgref\css).
Note: It's possible use a different directory and/or a drive, but this document assumes that C:\wdgref is the directory where WDG reference files will be stored.
- Unzip wdghtml40.zip to C:\wdgref\html40 and wdgcss.zip to C:\wdgref\css
- Open the C:\Program Files\Chami\HTML-Kit\Help\Keywords\wdg.hkh file and set ItemPrefix to C:\wdgref\
Now when the WDG reference is selected (after invoking keyword help by pressing the F1 key on an HTML tag or a CSS property), HTML-Kit will use the local help references stored under C:\wdgref.
- Enabling offline help using htmlref.hkh (Local HTML/CSS Reference):
The htmlref.hkh keyword help file is already setup to use the local htmlref.chm help file, which is distributed as part of certain Microsoft applications.
First download and install the htmlref.hkh keyword help file (Local HTML/CSS Reference) from the Plugins page. If selecting Local HTML Reference (after pressing F1 on an HTML tag) result in a "file not found" or similar error, installing one of the following products should install the missing htmlref.chm file:
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY "USER" OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. "USER" AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
Document ID: H000109
Reviewed On: 23-Nov-2000