The information in this document applies to:
HTML-Kit build 292 includes initial support for running on Linux
through Wine. This document describes how to install and run HTML-Kit on Linux.
As of Build 292 Beta 4, Linux support is mostly experimental and recommended for expert users only.
- Install RedHat Linux version 7.3+ and Wine build 20020801+. Other configurations may also work, however not covered in this document.
- Install HTML-Kit Build 292 by running wine <setup_file_name.exe>
- Change to the HTML-Kit/Bin directory and run: wine HTMLKit.exe /linux
- Not all HTML-Kit features are supported on Linux.
- Default HTML-Kit plugins (such as HTML Tidy) will function on Linux, however optional plugins written in languages other than hkScript may not.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY "USER" OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. "USER" AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
Document ID: H000134
Audience: Advanced user
Reviewed On: 01-Sep-2002