The information in this document applies to:
CSE HTML Validator is no longer detected as an integrated validator after upgrading from CSE HTML Validator version 5.0 to 6.5.
HTML-Kit looks for a specific key in the Windows Registry, originally created by CSE HTML Validator 5.0 and below, to determine the presence of the CSE HTML Validator. During the upgrade from version 5.0 to CSE HTML Validator 6.5, this registry key may not be created or may get deleted.
The registry key queried by HTML-Kit Build 290 and higher to locate the CSE HTML Validator can be added using the following workaround. Editing the Windows Registry incorrectly can cause serious problems to your system. Use it at your own risk and make a system backup first if necessary.
- Close HTML-Kit.
- Start the Windows Registry Editor.
- Change to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AI Internet Solutions\CSE 3310 HTML Validator key. If CSE 3310 HTML Validator does not exist, create it by right clicking AI Internet Solutions and selecting "New > Key"
- Look for an item named ExternalCapability under CSE 3310 HTML Validator. If it does not exist, create it by right clicking CSE 3310 HTML Validator and selecting "New > String Value". Make sure that the "Data" field is set to 4 or higher.
- Look for an item named Version under CSE 3310 HTML Validator. If it does not exist, create it by right clicking CSE 3310 HTML Validator and selecting "New > String Value". Make sure that the "Data" field is set to 6.01 or higher.
- Close the Windows Registry Editor and restart HTML-Kit. The option to invoke the CSE HTML Validator should appear on the Tools main menu.
Note that if CSE HTML Validator is uninstalled, it maybe necessary to manually delete any manually created registry keys.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY "USER" OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. "USER" AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
Document ID: H000159
Reviewed On: 25-Mar-2004