The information in this document applies to:
HTML-Kit's functionality can be extended using plugins that range from buttons for inserting code to specialized utilities to advanced side-by-side applications. This document includes information on how to get started and where to look for samples, tutorials and other details related to developing plugins.
- The Plugins Generator can be used to visually create plugins that contain buttons and menus. These items will appear on the ActionsBar, the Actions menu and the Keyboard Customization dialog. No programming experience is required to create these plugins. They can perform functions such as insert code snippets, enclose selected text with custom text, search and replace, open files, create new files with content, open URLs in the internal browser, invoke built-in menu commands, execute programs, open documents in external programs and other custom functions.
- hkScript Tutorial written by Ciaran McCreesh is the best starting point for users interested in writing plugins in hkScript. A list of built-in hkScript functions can be found on the XSCL functions reference page.
- Sample plugins with plugin definition files (*.hpd) can be directly opened in the Plugins Generator. Samples with *.hks files (hkScript source code) can be viewed in HTML-Kit for learning purposes. These samples can be customized or used as templates for creating new plugins.
- Additional information and support on writing plugins is available on the HTML-Kit Plugins Newsgroup. This is also a good place to post requests for new plugins and make announcements.
- Previously answered questions and other support documents can be searched using the HTML-Kit Search Engine.
- For other related links, please see: HTML-Kit on the Web
Information: Sample Code Cross-reference for Plugin Developers THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY "USER" OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. "USER" AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
Document ID: H000104
Reviewed On: 04-Jun-2002