- Can I edit remote files in other programs?
HTML-Kit's FTP Workspace makes it easier to edit text files with a double click. This FAQ describes how to edit binary files on remote servers in external applications.
- Can I add additional templates/snippets folders to the Workspace?
Looking for a way to share a templates/snippets folder in a group environment? It's possible to use the HTML-Kit Workspace to share a templates/snippets folder with other developers.
- Is there a way to make the Workspace open one server or folder at a time?
If keeping multiple servers and folders open in the Workspace is making it difficult to find files, this FAQ describes how to make HTML-Kit automatically close unused folders.
- Is there a way to upload only the recently modified files?
This FAQ describes a way to select and upload the most recently modified files in a folder.
- How do I get the Workspace to list hidden files on FTP servers?
Can't see the .htaccess files? This FAQ describes how to access hidden files through the FTP Workspace.
- How do I use the FTP Workspace to open, edit, preview and publish pages?
HTML-Kit's integrated FTP Workspace can be used to download, preview, upload and perform other common functions. It can even be used to open and edit remote files as if they are local files.
- Is there a way to synchronize a local folder with a folder on a remote server?
- How do I create a shortcut to toggle between the current editor and the Workspace?
Speed up the process of opening files from the Workspace with this keyboard shortcut for switching between the editor and the Workspace.
- Is there a way to upload multiple files to a FTP folder or other folder in the Workspace?
Need to upload a folder full of files? Upload one, all or specific files using the Upload option on the Workspace.
- How do I customize the HTML-Kit user interface, including the main menu, toolbars, Actions Bar, Messages Window, Task Bar and the Status Bar?
- Why is the Workspace not using the standard Windows background color?
- How do I upload images and other binary files?
- Is there a way to rearrange folders and servers in the Workspace?
Server A was the first and then came B. But now you want to move B to the top. This FAQ describes how to rearrange Workspace items.
- How can I quickly toggle the Workspace, Messages Window, Actions Bar, etc.?
- How can I resize the Messages Window or the Workspace?
- Sometimes I get extra spaces in text files that I open from remote servers. Why is this?
- How can I make the Workspace list folders below files?